In practice of Feng Shui, the celestial creature Pixiu holds an illustrious and respected position. Regarded as a powerful emblem of wealth, prosperity, and protection, the Pixiu symbolizes the harmonious dance of Heaven and Earth, embodying both the Yin and Yang energies in its two manifestations – the male Tianlu and the female Bixie.
Crafted with a dragon’s head, lion’s body, and wings, the Pixiu radiates an aura of majesty and power. Legend narrates its fascinating tale of being a loyal creature to the Jade Emperor, who bestowed upon it the gift of never-ending abundance. It is said that the Pixiu possesses an insatiable appetite for gold and treasures, and once it acquires wealth, it does not let it go, making it a popular Feng Shui amulet for attracting and safeguarding riches.
What is Pixiu?
A divine creature of Chinese mythology, the Pixiu (or Pi Yao) stands as a powerful protector and a harbinger of wealth. Its exalted nature in the realm of Feng Shui derives from its fierce countenance, often likened to a lion, with winged body parts symbolizing its majestic prowess and its connection to the heavenly sphere.
Believed to be a son of the Dragon King, the celestial Pixiu characteristically possesses a voracious appetite for gold, silver, and jewels, making it an auspicious symbol for wealth and prosperity. Yet, its most unique trait is its physiological design, in particular, its peculiar anus that is believed to only intake wealth but never outflow, effectively symbolizing the accumulation of fortune.
The Pixiu, often found in two types, the Tianlu and Bixie, each holds its special significance. The Tianlu, characterized by a single horn and two wings, is known for its capabilities to ward off evil spirits and to bring wealth from all directions. The Bixie, on the other hand, noted for its two horns and absence of wings, is acclaimed for its power to expel evil and to prevent one’s wealth from being squandered.
In the practice of Feng Shui, the placement of the Pixiu figure is of great importance. It is customarily suggested to place it in the living room or office, facing the entrance. This orientation enables the Pixiu to devour the incoming qi, or life energy, and transform it into prosperity. However, remember to treat the Pixiu with respect, as disregarding it may offend this divine creature and counteract its beneficial influence.
Adorning a Pixiu talisman or jewelry can also help attract wealth energy. Worn on the left hand, it is believed that the Pixiu’s mythical power can draw money from every direction, promoting an unending flow of wealth into your life.
The Legend of Pixiu
The Pixiu is said to be the ninth offspring of the Dragon King, revered for its ferocity and appetite for gold and precious gems. The Dragon King, renowned for his wisdom and authority, was a symbol of power and virtue in ancient China, and being his offspring, the Pixiu naturally inherited a divine status.
One legendary tale recounts that the Pixiu, with its enormous appetite, disrespected the law of Heaven by devouring the gold, silver, and jewels of the world without restraint. Seeing this uncontrolled behavior, the Jade Emperor, the supreme deity in Chinese mythology, decided to punish the Pixiu.
In his wrath, the Jade Emperor sealed the Pixiu’s anus, decreeing that the Pixiu could only consume wealth but never expel it. This unusual punishment transformed the Pixiu into a symbol of wealth accumulation and conservation, as it could only intake but never outflow.
Furthermore, the Jade Emperor ordered the Pixiu to only assist humans in acquiring wealth, shifting its nature from a symbol of unrestrained consumption to one of giving and assistance. This pivotal event in the Pixiu’s legend is the foundation of its association with wealth and prosperity in Feng Shui.
Thus, the legend of the Pixiu transcends the ordinary, weaving a narrative of divine punishment and transformation that anchors its significance in Feng Shui. Today, it stands as an influential symbol of wealth accumulation, protection, and good fortune, its legend offering a rich tapestry of insight into the profound wisdom of ancient Chinese mythology.
Types of Pixiu
The mythical creature Pixiu, deeply revered in the realm of Feng Shui, comes in two primary types, each boasting its own unique features and functions. Allow LotusBuddhas to present them to you:
- Tianlu (or Tian Lu) – Often referred to as the ‘Heavenly Happiness’, the Tianlu is the male version of Pixiu. Characterized by its single horn and a pair of wings, the Tianlu carries the symbol of Yang energy, embodying heaven, sun, fire, and action. The Tianlu is believed to guard wealth and bring fortune from all corners of the world. Its potent energy is known to ward off negative vibes and protect against harmful influences. A well-positioned Tianlu, typically facing the main entrance of a home or office, can absorb and convert positive energy into wealth chi.
- Bixie (or Bi Xie) – Known as ‘Warding off Evil Spirits’, the Bixie is the female counterpart of Pixiu, distinguished by two horns and an absence of wings. The Bixie symbolizes Yin energy, representing earth, moon, water, and passivity. This creature functions as a protective talisman, known to ward off evil spirits, prevent illness, and protect against misfortune. It is also acclaimed for its power to prevent the squandering of wealth. When a Bixie is properly placed in a home or workplace, it offers protection and deters negative energies that might obstruct personal growth or cause physical discomfort.
The Tianlu and Bixie together encompass the holistic aspect of the celestial Pixiu, representing an ideal balance of yin and yang energy. However, you have to treat these powerful Feng Shui symbols with respect and handle them according to Feng Shui principles, to experience their full potential and welcome their beneficial effects into your life.
Meaning of Pixiu in Feng Shui
In the mystical realm of Feng Shui, Pixiu is a powerful symbol of wealth, abundance and protection. It is said to have a voracious appetite for gold and precious gems, symbolizing an incessant intake of wealth. Interestingly, it is believed to have no excretory system, representing the perpetual containment and accumulation of wealth, and preventing the outflow of one’s accumulated fortune.
When placed correctly in a home or office, Pixiu acts as a wealth magnet. Its imposing figure should face the main entrance, ready to consume positive energy and transform it into wealth energy. However, one should be cautious and respectful, as Pixiu should not be placed in a bedroom, bathroom, or kitchen, and it should never be faced towards a mirror, as this might offend the creature, leading to a reversal of its auspicious effects.
Wearing Pixiu as a talisman or in jewelry form is also common, especially on the left hand, thought to stimulate money flow and attract good fortune. It’s crucial, though, to maintain cleanliness and a clutter-free environment, as Pixiu abhors dirt and disorder.
Beyond wealth and protection, Pixiu carries a profound significance in Feng Shui, as it also signifies authority, power, and status. In historical times, it was a symbol exclusively associated with the emperor and the royal family, embodying their supreme power and grandeur.
How to activate Pixiu
Activating a Pixiu, whether it be a statue or a piece of jewelry, involves particular rituals and mindfulness to truly harness its auspicious energy. Here are the important steps to activate your Pixiu that LotusBuddhas consulted from feng shui expert Phung Phuong:
- Placement: Position your Pixiu statue in a metal bowl filled with gems and precious metals. This ritual is akin to “feeding” your Pixiu, teaching it to seek and attract wealth and abundance. Ideally, this should be done annually, before the commencement of the Chinese New Year, marking a fresh start full of prosperity and good fortune.
- Bracelets: When wearing a Pixiu Feng Shui bracelet, it should be adorned on your left hand. The head of the Pixiu should face outward towards your little finger, symbolizing that wealth is being drawn to you. This position also represents the Pixiu’s protective role, keeping an eye on the external environment and defending against any negative influences.
- Rings: If you choose to wear a Pixiu ring, it should ideally be worn on the middle finger. This finger aligns with the heart meridian and aids in promoting the flow of wealth energy.
- Necklaces: When wearing a Pixiu pendant on a necklace, ensure that the Pixiu is facing upward. This position signifies that the Pixiu is actively searching for wealth and success, aligning with the universe’s energy to attract prosperity.
- Interactions: Regularly petting your Pixiu strengthens the bond between you and this divine creature, solidifying your intention of attracting abundance. However, avoid touching its eyes and mouth, as this is considered disrespectful. Also, it is advisable not to let others touch your Pixiu to prevent interference with its energy.
Remember, wearing Pixiu jewelry as often as possible and consciously setting your intention to invite wealth and abundance are essential for activating its power. Treat your Pixiu with respect, engage in these practices sincerely, and you shall invite the abundant blessings and protection that this celestial creature offers.
How to use Pixiu to attract wealth
Known for its insatiable desire for gold and treasure, Pixiu is a feng shui item favored by many to attract wealth and abundance into their lives.
- Correct placement: When using a Pixiu statue, it’s crucial to place it correctly in your home or office. Position your Pixiu facing the main entrance or window, allowing it to consume the incoming chi and transform it into wealth energy. The living room or office are considered auspicious locations for Pixiu, but never place it in the bathroom, kitchen, or bedroom, as these locations are seen as disrespectful to the divine creature.
- Feeding Pixiu: Once a year, ideally before Chinese New Year, place your Pixiu statue in a metal bowl filled with precious metals or gemstones. This “feeding” ritual symbolizes your intention for Pixiu to continue attracting wealth and prosperity into your life.
- Pixiu jewelry: Wearing Pixiu as a bracelet, ring, or pendant is another effective way to keep this celestial creature close and harness its energy. When wearing a Pixiu bracelet, it should be adorned on your left hand with the head facing outward towards your little finger. A Pixiu ring should be worn on your middle finger, and a Pixiu pendant should face upward when worn as a necklace.
- Respectful interaction: Regularly touching or petting your Pixiu strengthens the bond between you and this divine creature and intensifies its protective and wealth-attracting qualities. However, avoid touching its eyes and mouth, and don’t let others touch your Pixiu to prevent interference with its energy.
- Intention setting: Simply wearing or displaying Pixiu is not enough. It’s important to consciously set your intention of attracting wealth and prosperity. This mental state activates the Pixiu’s energy and allows it to work in harmony with your goals.
- Cleanliness: Pixiu despises dirt and clutter. Therefore, keeping your Pixiu clean and your environment tidy is essential for keeping its energy potent and effective.
Through these instructions, LotusBuddhas hopes to help you harness the powerful energy of Pixiu, inviting abundance, prosperity and protection into your life. Just remember to always treat your Pixiu with the respect and reverence this celestial creature deserves.
Where to buy Pixiu?
Acquiring an authentic Pixiu, be it a statue or a piece of jewelry, requires both careful consideration and reputable sourcing. Here are a few reliable platforms where you can find Pixiu:
- Specialized Feng Shui stores: These stores often house a variety of Feng Shui products, including Pixiu statues and jewelry. Staff at these stores usually have a good understanding of Feng Shui and can guide you on the best Pixiu to choose based on your specific needs and intentions.
- Online marketplaces: Popular e-commerce platforms such as Amazon, eBay, and Etsy often have a wide variety of Pixiu items. However, it’s essential to carefully read the product descriptions, check the seller’s ratings, and peruse customer reviews to ensure the authenticity and quality of the Pixiu.
- Jewelry stores: Many traditional and online jewelry stores offer Pixiu pieces made from precious metals or gemstones. It’s advisable to purchase from reputable jewelry stores that provide a certificate of authenticity, especially for high-value Pixiu pieces.
- Feng Shui consultants: Renowned Feng Shui practitioners or consultants often have a curated collection of authentic Feng Shui items, including Pixiu. Purchasing from a consultant also gives you the opportunity to receive personalized advice on how to use and activate your Pixiu.
- Chinese art and Craft stores: Pixiu is a staple in Chinese art and craft stores. These outlets often have Pixiu crafted from a range of materials, from jade to wood, metal, or ceramics.
No matter where you choose to buy your Pixiu, remember to ensure the quality and authenticity of the piece. Additionally, choose a Pixiu that resonates with you, as this connection can enhance your intentions and the effectiveness of the Feng Shui symbol.