Chinese Feng Shui coins are ancient symbols of wealth and prosperity that continue to hold profound relevance in modern times. Embossed with powerful inscriptions from dynastic eras, these coins are mystical vessels of abundance that encapsulate the wisdom of the ages.
The unique design of a Feng Shui coin – a round shape with a square hole – represents the profound union of heaven and earth, symbolizing the balance of cosmic forces that bring prosperity and good fortune. When strung together on a red thread, a color symbolizing vitality and joy in Chinese culture, their potency is magnified, making them a versatile tool in Feng Shui practice.
What are Feng Shui coins?
Feng Shui coins, otherwise known as Chinese coins, represent an integral aspect of classical Feng Shui practices. Believed to symbolize wealth, prosperity, and good fortune, these coins, often made of brass or bronze, feature a unique design: a square hole in the center, surrounded by inscriptions of Chinese symbols or characters.
The design of Feng Shui coins has deep roots in Chinese culture and philosophy. The square hole at the center signifies the Earth element, while the round shape of the coin represents the Heaven element. This interplay between Heaven (round) and Earth (square) is a key concept in Feng Shui and Chinese philosophy, denoting the harmony and balance between these two fundamental forces.
The coins are usually linked together in sets of three, six, or nine by a red thread or ribbon. The color red, being associated with fire, brings additional energy and potency to the coins. These sets are then strategically placed in homes, offices, and other areas to harness positive energy or “Qi” (Chi), and to attract wealth, fortune and abundance.
The inscriptions on the coins typically feature the reign title of the dynasty during which they were minted. This feature ties the coins to specific historical periods, with the most common coins in Feng Shui originating from the Qing dynasty, the last imperial dynasty of China. The reign titles on these coins are believed to harness the wealth and prosperity associated with the respective emperors, thereby enhancing their potency as attractors of wealth and abundance.
Despite their traditional roots, Feng Shui coins have gained global acceptance and are commonly employed in contemporary interior design and architecture. Users must, however, observe certain placement rules to optimize their effectiveness. For instance, they may be placed in wealth areas, near cash registers in businesses, or even used in the creation of jewelry. Each of these placements aims to enhance the flow of positive energy and thereby, attract abundance and prosperity.
Nevertheless, while the use of Feng Shui coins may enhance one’s intention to attract fortune, they are not a guarantee of financial success. Feng Shui is a comprehensive system that involves balancing various elements in one’s environment and harnessing positive energy. Therefore, the use of Feng Shui coins should ideally be part of a broader strategy to improve overall harmony and balance in one’s surroundings.
The different types of Feng Shui coins
Feng Shui coins, highly revered as potent amplifiers of wealth energy, come in various forms and types. Each type bears unique inscriptions, and their energy is derived from the imperial era they represent.
- Qing Dynasty Coins: The most commonly used Feng Shui coins are those from the Qing Dynasty, the last imperial dynasty of China. They often carry inscriptions of the reign titles of specific emperors from this period, such as Qian Long, Kang Xi, and Yong Zheng. These reign titles are believed to invoke the grandeur and wealth luck of those prosperous eras, amplifying the power of the coins.
- I Ching Coins: These coins have profound roots in the I Ching, or Book of Changes, an ancient Chinese divination text. They are traditionally used in sets of three to perform I Ching divination. Each coin has a value of three (depicted by two lines separated by a break, signifying Yin) or two (depicted by a solid line, signifying Yang). These coins are not only a tool for prediction but also potent Feng Shui enhancers when used correctly.
- Large Prosperity Coins: Unlike the regular size of Feng Shui coins, large prosperity coins are oversized versions designed to attract greater wealth. They often feature powerful wealth symbols and inscriptions. Because of their size, they can be prominently displayed, serving both as a Feng Shui cure and a unique décor element.
- Lucky Coin Charms and Amulets: These Feng Shui items incorporate coins into a larger design, often combined with other Feng Shui symbols of wealth and prosperity. Examples include coin swords, where many coins are arranged in the shape of a sword to ward off negative energy, and coin trees, designed to grow wealth luck.
- Jewelry with Feng Shui Coins: Incorporating Feng Shui coins into wearable items such as bracelets, necklaces, and earrings is another popular way to carry the energy of these potent wealth attractors with you throughout the day.
Each type of Feng Shui coin carries unique energy and symbolism, making it a versatile tool in the quest for wealth and prosperity. Choosing the right coins for you should take into account your personal needs, the specific location, and your overall Feng Shui strategy.
Meaning of Chinese Feng Shui coins
In the universe of Feng Shui, Chinese Feng Shui coins are not ordinary pieces of metal, but bearers of powerful symbolic significance that transcends the material realm.
Each coin, adorned with a square hole at the center and enveloped by a round shape, is a potent emblem of the interplay between the Heaven and Earth energies. The roundness of the coin embraces the celestial, Heaven energy, while the square within mirrors the stability and groundedness of Earth energy. Together, they represent the cosmic dance between these vital forces, embodying harmony, unity, and balance in the midst of polarity.
The inscriptions on the Feng Shui coins further amplify their potency. Typically featuring the reign title of the dynastic emperor, these inscriptions beckon the noble energy of imperial wealth and abundance, allowing this auspicious energy to permeate the environment in which the coins are placed.
When bound by a red thread or ribbon, the coins take on an additional dimension of symbolic significance. The color red, representing the Fire element, infuses the coins with life force, vigor, and vitality. When arranged in sets of three, six, or nine, the coins form a powerful talisman designed to attract and magnify Chi – the universal life force that, in Feng Shui, is akin to breath or energy flow.
How to use Feng Shui coins to attract fortune
Harnessing the powerful energy of Feng Shui coins requires more than mere possession. It demands understanding, intention, and proper placement. Here are some key steps that feng shui expert Phung Phuong shared with LotusBuddhas to help you use feng shui money effectively to attract fortune and prosperity:
- Set your intention: The first step in any Feng Shui practice is to establish a clear intention. In the case of Feng Shui coins, your intention might be to attract fortune, improve your financial situation, or create a continuous flow of prosperity. Visualize your intention clearly, imbuing the coins with your energy.
- Activate the coins: In Feng Shui, activating an object means to imbue it with your personal energy or Chi. Hold the coins in your hands and focus on your intention. Envision the coins as a magnet for wealth and prosperity. You can also say a prayer or affirmation to enhance this activation process.
- Choose the right place: Placement is crucial in Feng Shui. The coins should be placed in an area related to wealth. In the Bagua, or Feng Shui energy map of your home, this is often the far left corner from the entrance door. This area is known as the wealth and abundance sector.
- Pay attention to numbers: Feng Shui coins are most potent when used in groups of three, six, or nine. These numbers are considered auspicious in Feng Shui. You can string these coins together using a red ribbon or cord, further activating their energy.
- Place the coins correctly: The coins should always be placed with the Yang side up. This is the side with four Chinese characters. It’s believed to attract auspicious energy from the universe, channeling it into your home or workplace.
- Incorporate the coins in daily life: Beyond strategic placement in your home or office, Feng Shui coins can be used in various aspects of daily life. Carry them in your wallet or purse to attract fortune. You can also hang them near your work desk, cash register if you own a business, or even incorporate them in jewelry.
- Refresh the coins: Every once in a while, it is beneficial to clean your coins and re-set your intention. This could be during a new moon, a traditional time for setting intentions and starting afresh, or whenever you feel it’s needed.
As usual, LotusBuddhas must remind you that Feng Shui is not magic, but a traditional way to align your surroundings with your intentions and the natural flow of positive energy. Using Feng Shui coins to attract fortune involves aligning your own intentions and actions with the symbolic power of the coins. When done correctly, this can create a potent shift in your financial energy and open new avenues of wealth and prosperity.
Combine Feng Shui coins with other Feng Shui items
Combining Feng Shui coins with other auspicious items can create powerful energy shifts and enhance the overall prosperity potential of your space.
- Feng Shui coins and Wealth vase: A wealth vase is a potent Feng Shui cure for attracting wealth and prosperity. Place Feng Shui coins inside your wealth vase to amplify its energy. The coins, representing wealth activation, will interact harmoniously with the wealth vase’s inherent prosperity energy, enhancing its power.
- Feng Shui coins and Money Tree: A money tree in Feng Shui symbolizes a growing and flourishing source of income. Hang Feng Shui coins on your money tree to symbolize the blossoming of wealth. This combination can create a powerful energy focal point for attracting abundance.
- Feng Shui coins and Dragon Turtle: The Dragon Turtle is a powerful symbol of strength, prosperity, and good fortune in Feng Shui. Place Feng Shui coins in the Dragon Turtle’s claws to signify the dragon guarding your wealth. This pairing can serve as a potent wealth protector and enhancer.
- Feng Shui coins and Three-legged Toad: The three-legged toad, or the money frog, is an iconic symbol of wealth in Feng Shui. Placing a coin in the mouth of the toad signifies the toad bringing wealth into your home. This combination can be an effective tool for attracting and maintaining wealth.
- Feng Shui coins and Wind chimes: Wind chimes are used in Feng Shui to adjust and enhance the flow of Chi in your space. Hanging Feng Shui coins on a wind chime can symbolize the attraction of wealth and prosperity. Ensure that the chime has a good sound quality and is placed correctly, according to Feng Shui principles.
- Feng Shui coins and Water features: Water features like fountains and aquariums are potent Feng Shui cures for attracting wealth. Placing Feng Shui coins near or inside these water features can symbolize wealth flowing into your life, just as water flows in the feature.
Remember, the integration of Feng Shui coins with other Feng Shui items should be done with respect and proper understanding of the principles of Feng Shui. Above all, your intention, clarity, and focus play a critical role in activating the wealth energy of these auspicious combinations. Through this article, LotusBuddhas hopes that you will know how to use Chinese Feng Shui coins to create good feng shui for your beloved home.